Frequently Asked Questions
LHA members have access to the most through secondary source dedicated to the study of Louisiana, the journal Louisiana History. Members also receive a discounted registration rate for the LHA Annual Meeting that is held each Spring. The LHA website has other functions that are limited to members of the organization, such as access to the LHA membership directory and the ability to post on the News/Events/Discussion feed.
There are two basic LHA membership levels for individuals:
Digital Membership, which includes:
– fully searchable digital access to past issues of Louisiana History (1960-present).
– browsable/downloadable digital access to all current issues of Louisiana History.
– email notifications when new issues of Louisiana History are posted on the website.
– advance access to Louisiana History.
– access to online LHA membership directory.
– access to interactive online discussion, news, and events feed.
– allows access to website for one year from the date that you join.
Digital Plus Membership, which includes:
– Digital Membership in the LHA.
– Printed copies of the LHA quarterly journal Louisiana History.
– good for one calendar year, January through December (journals #1 – #4).
Institutional membership in the LHA includes printed hard copies of the LHA quarterly journal Louisiana History and are good for one calendar year (journals #1 – #4). Digital memberships in the LHA are not available for libraries, schools, museums, or other institutions.
Individuals can follow the “Join Now” link at the top of this pate to complete a Digital Membership in the LHA online and obtain immediate access to all of the features on the LHA website. Digital Plus Membership, as well as Institutional Membership, in the LHA requires individuals to complete and return a downloadable LHA membership form.
Hard copies of Louisiana History are included with Digital Plus Membership in the LHA. A limited number of back issues of Louisiana History are also available for purchase. Please use the “Contact Us” information for inquiries about back issues of the journal.
Log In To Your Account
Then simply choose the corresponding button below to apply the payment you wish to make via PayPal. Once the payment is processed, your membership will be renewed, allowing you another year’s access to our premium content. You can find more info Here.